Bookkeeper / Office Manager
Job Description – Bookkeeper / Office Manager
Full-Time, Raleigh Location
First of all, you should know that our agency runs on Workamajig, a project management software system for creative agencies. We use Workamajig to bring our creative project work and agency financials together into one integrated platform. Knowledge of this software is ultimately preferred.
Secondly, we’re looking for a Bookkeeper who has experience working for a service-based company. This means you embrace having a client-facing role as part of your job and enjoy using your incredible people skills to deliver unparalleled customer service to our clients.
You have natural math skills where you can calculate simple operations in your head. Better yet, you have an understanding about how complex mathematical calculations can improve accounting processes. You’re the type who’s in your zone when you’re auditing files, confirming the accuracy of account reports and adding up department receipts. You pride yourself on your ability to multitask, and it’s perfectly normal for you to balance several projects at once without mixing up files or missing deadlines. You know the impact of your work so you take industry regulations and compliance seriously, and always double-check all of your work as a best practice for preventing errors.
If you have fantastic output and productivity combined with a high level of accuracy and an analytical mindset, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As Able&Co’s Bookkeeper, you’re responsible for preparing and reviewing financial information and organizing it in a way that provides a clear picture of the agency’s fiscal health. General duties include: maintaining financial procedures and records for the agency; general bookkeeping duties; confirming compliance with IRS rules; reconciling bank statements, and; balancing the ledger for timely, accurate and effective financial reporting and analysis.
- Financial DutiesRecord all transactions and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports/statements
- Manage A/R and A/P
- Manage monthly closing
- Control the flow of data into the general ledger
- Reconcile general ledger accounts at the end of each month
- Maintain all accounting records in accordance with GAAP
- Provide regular financial reports monthly, quarterly and as requested for projections and meetings
- Prepare special reports and perform studies as directed by management
- Set up new clients and vendors in our software
- Maintain physical and digital client/vendor file folders
- Follow up on collecting and allocating payments as well as monitor client account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Communicate with clients and vendors via phone, e-mail, and mail to investigate and resolve client and vendor inquiries
- Prepare reconciliation for retainer clients
- Generate and submit client invoices based on client project requests
- Move/write-off time at the request of Account Manager
- Sales tax expert for the agency
- Process and manage payroll and payroll taxes
- Assist with financial forecasting and tax filing
- Process sales and use tax payment monthly and submit payment via NC Department of Revenue website as needed
- Verify the accuracy of all general ledger accounts to agree with the balance sheet
- Generate adjusting journal entries
- Manage annual company budget and provide regular reporting on budget vs actual
- Analyze costs of operations
- Administer all benefits & insurance-related areas including company-managed benefit programs, e.g., vacations, insurance and 401(k) plan
- Track PTO
Office Management Duties
- Order office supplies and track inventory and monthly supply budget
- Oversee company calendar of events and meetings
- Coordinate office cleaning, regular maintenance of HVAC and all equipment
- Answer main phone line and direct calls as appropriate
- Plan event for employee birthdays and anniversaries
- Coordinate and assist with onboarding new hires
- Prepare welcome packets, set up onboarding and training schedules, schedule 30/60/90 day and annual reviews, coordinate with IT to set up computer and software
- Other admin duties as needed
Qualifications & Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or another related field.
- Required: Minimum of three years experience with the Workamajig creative agency project management software system.
- Required: Minimum of 7 years experience with a service agency business model.
- Able to demonstrate experience with the same volume of work that Able&Co has for this position
- Able to reference previous experience in auditing documents, explain the results of the audits and outline how the information was used to support the organization’s financial goals.
Looking for MORE?
We are a woman-owned strategic marketing and communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. Founded in 2008, our diverse team of subject matter experts is unified in our purpose: to help our clients transform and influence the way their brand is perceived, both internally and externally.
We are dedicated to creating customer success — not just customer happiness — through results-driven, award-winning creative solutions that are always grounded in strategy. We prioritize the right things and see the BIG picture with a unique and often unexpected perspective. That’s why we’re often considered an extension of our client’s team. Our relationships, with each other and our clients, are not transactional, but are deeply rooted in trust, respect and true collaboration.
Been there, done that, and ready to lead?
We operate with a start-up mentality. We don’t run merely on a great idea; our smart ideas require the constant support of a skilled team where individuals understand the correct function of each factor to successfully nurture and develop the whole.
Although we’re always learning, this is the place where your contributions are based on your expertise and experience. The kind of experience that enables you to be a thought leader who can think three steps ahead to guide our clients on their path to success.
If you have that ‘it’ factor — a unique combination of relationship chemistry, innovative thinking, strategic design, expert talent and a desire for continuous growth based on outcomes — this could be the place for you.