Copywriter & Content Creator
Job Description – Copywriter & Content Creator
Full-Time Position, Raleigh Location
Do you have the right writing skills that get prospects reading? Do you enjoy taking an abstract concept and crafting words to make an idea real and understandable? If you love writing informative content that people want to read AND love writing the kind of copy that motivates people to buy, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Copywriter & Content Creator holds a key role in interpreting the strategic marketing and communications plans we develop for our diverse clients. The Writer is responsible for: creative development of content; accurate editing and proofreading; deployment of content across multiple traditional and digital platforms; and social media content. It is expected that you will push past the obvious way of talking about something and will find the best way to present it.
- Creates memorable, interesting advertising & marketing copy with a sense of urgency.
- Ensures the copy communicates the brand, product or service benefits quickly and effectively, using appropriate framing to deliver a concept in an evocative, emotional way that is always on-brand.
- Creates powerful messages that increase brand awareness and persuade people to act now.
- Proven ability to research and create accurate, persuasive content that meet the longer term strategic objectives. Understands the content that readers want to read, with the goal that the content will rank on search engines.
- Writes high-quality, non-salesy short- and long-form informative stories that help readers understand a perspective and further the client’s marketing goals.
Editing & Proofreading
- Develops and maintains client proofing & style guides. Communicates changes to the team. Adheres to them when editing and proofreading content.
- Ensures content is correct and consistent in style, voice, usage and branding across all platforms.
- Ensures all claims and disclaimers are up to date and the correct version to use.
- Ensures all customer-provided content and markups are executed.
- Uses best SEO practices for strategic plans and content creation, eg, add alt tags, meta descriptions, image descriptions, H2s, links, etc.
- Sets up press releases and distributes.
- Enters copy into an email design via email marketing management platforms such as iContact or HubSpot.
- Enters copy with content management systems such as WordPress.
Social Media Content
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop the monthly content calendar and deliver copy on time and within budget.
- Researches trends, content, hashtags and tools.
- Reviews monthly statistics to learn how to improve engagement and adjust for future copy.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as advertising, communications, creative writing, business, journalism, sociology, psychology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing and communications, brand or advertising, and/or brand strategy. Agency background is preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to brainstorm and offer creative, memorable solutions.
- High level of attention to detail; able to create copy, proof and edit with consistency and accuracy.
- Strong content creator experienced in translating information and business concepts into compelling messaging and narrative across a variety of platforms.
- Can generate and execute ‘breakout’ ideas.
- Ability to quickly grasp information across a variety of industries and markets to create clear, targeted communications with minimal guidance.
- Able to manage and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Looking for MORE?
We are a woman-owned strategic marketing and communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. Founded in 2008, our diverse team of subject matter experts is unified in our purpose: to help our clients transform and influence the way their brand is perceived, both internally and externally.
We are dedicated to creating customer success — not just customer happiness — through results-driven, award-winning creative solutions that are always grounded in strategy. We prioritize the right things and see the BIG picture with a unique and often unexpected perspective. That’s why we’re often considered an extension of our client’s team. Our relationships, with each other and our clients, are not transactional, but are deeply rooted in trust, respect and true collaboration.
Been there, done that, and ready to lead?
We operate with a start-up mentality. We don’t run merely on a great idea; our smart ideas require the constant support of a skilled team where individuals understand the correct function of each factor to successfully nurture and develop the whole.
Although we’re always learning, this is the place where your contributions are based on your expertise and experience. The kind of experience that enables you to be a thought leader who can think three steps ahead to guide our clients on their path to success.
If you have that ‘it’ factor — a unique combination of relationship chemistry, innovative thinking, strategic design, expert talent and a desire for continuous growth based on outcomes — this could be the place for you.