Looking for MORE?
We are a woman-owned strategic marketing and communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. Founded in 2008, our diverse team of subject matter experts is unified in our purpose: to help our clients transform and influence the way their brand is perceived, both internally and externally.
We are dedicated to creating customer success — not just customer happiness — through results-driven, award-winning creative solutions that are always grounded in strategy. We prioritize the right things and see the BIG picture with a unique and often unexpected perspective. That’s why we’re often considered an extension of our client’s team. Our relationships, with each other and our clients, are not transactional, but are deeply rooted in trust, respect and true collaboration.
Been there, done that, and ready to lead?
We operate with a start-up mentality. We don’t run merely on a great idea; our smart ideas require the constant support of a skilled team where individuals understand the correct function of each factor to successfully nurture and develop the whole.
Although we’re always learning, this is the place where your contributions are based on your expertise and experience. The kind of experience that enables you to be a thought leader who can think three steps ahead to guide our clients on their path to success.
If you have that ‘it’ factor — a unique combination of relationship chemistry, innovative thinking, strategic design, expert talent and a desire for continuous growth based on outcomes — this could be the place for you.
You are ready to take on a leadership role and make an impact. Your eye for the big picture and Smart Idea enables you to oversee the visual and narrative aspects of our traditional and digital creative campaigns, ensuring that all assets align with the client’s brand standards and deliver on their strategic objectives. You are a keen observer and your experience enables you to manage all of the aesthetic and functional parts of design. You’re all about developing creative ideas AND project management and nothing pleases you more than to use your experiences with design, language and the world around you to take care of your team and our clients. You have excellent leadership skills and time management skills, and you use these to direct creative people towards a unified goal. You are driven to ensure that all of the pieces come together to produce the highest quality, error-free product, on time and within budget. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves and being a practitioner of your area of expertise. If you want the world to see your mark, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Define the creative vision
- Accountable for interpreting the strategic objectives and plans to form ideas for copy and design.
- Lead brainstorming sessions to generate creative ideas.
- Use previous experiences to know what works and what doesn’t.
- Present the creative to clients and discuss feedback.
- Track record for generating original ideas and visual concepts.
Ensure a cohesive look & feel
- Meticulous understanding of the client’s brand and have a firm grasp of the project’s goal.
- Able to work within standards while pushing the envelope to develop fresh, inspiring concepts.
- Ensure others follow through on the intent of the creative vision so that the final components deliver on the strategy.
- Keen eye for visual details and accuracy. The work is always of high quality and error-free.
Establish budgets & timelines
- Collaborate with all stakeholders, particularly the team and clients, to establish budgets and timelines; schedule short-term and long-term projects; plan tasks; ensure goals and deadlines are met; and ensure that the execution of all creative work stays within budget.
- Provide progress updates for each project, including the stage of the project’s development.
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality creative work within tight deadlines.
- Participate in creating proposals.
Manage & lead the creative team
- Provide guidance and leadership to the team of creative professionals.
- Manage the department headcount and budget; conduct performance reviews; assess training and development needs.
- Assist in evaluating resources such as vendors, freelancers, contractors, services, etc. Oversee the selection and management of external resources. Maintain a database of preferred vendors.
- Assign projects to individual team members, which may include external resources.
- Assist the creative team overcome obstacles that arise during a project and offer solutions.
- Provide project management and professional development growth opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in creative design, graphic design, fine arts, advertising, marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of five to seven years of related job experience. Extensive and expert experience in branding and brand systems, repositioning, marketing, creative development.
- Demonstrated experience leading and inspiring a team that is also very creative.
- Experienced in balancing the concerns and needs of many people and personalities, such as colleagues, clients, vendors, contractors and freelancers.
- Solid background in copywriting or design and art direction for traditional and digital tactics is required.
- Proficiently skilled in the latest art and design packages. Technical experience must include proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD, PowerPoint, Keynote, web-based CMS and other programs.
- Able and willing to travel to meet with clients and/or attend industry-related events.