Lead WordPress Developer
The developer will work alongside the creative team to brainstorm engaging, yet efficient design and technology solutions to answer client’s marketing needs. The developer will help maintain the balance between creative excellence and ease of use. The developer should have extensive knowledge of trends and advancements in User Experience design and will develop on-target, current and visually appealing layouts for websites, banner ads, e-marketing and web apps as needed.
Develops custom, and sometimes complex WordPress-based solutions along with PHP framework-based solutions. Helps account executives and design team with requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions. Provides leadership in developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s digital services.
- Develop custom, mobile-first websites for our clients
- Develop custom WordPress plugins for specific functionality
- Improve internal web development process with innovative ideas and implementation
- Performs server maintenance and monitoring. Work with server support staff on security issues and fixes
- Monitor/update server, set-up new accounts/websites on server (cpanel)
- Supports current client websites by providing technical support
- Monitor/Fix WordPress security issues
- Program/HTML Marketing emails to work with all email systems (iContact, HubSpot, SharpSpring)
- Program/HTML eSignatures and work with customer to install
- Organic SEO management and weekly/monthly reporting (MOZ, Google Webmaster, Google Analytics)
- MLS integrations (Diverse Solutions/IDX Broker)
- Updates to WordPress websites (text content and images)
- Install SSL Certificates, DNS set-up and changes
- Visual design of interactive solutions including (but not limited to) websites, banner advertising, e-marketing, landing pages, social media and web apps
- Advise creative and account teams of new trends in UX design, specifically website, banner advertising and e-marketing
- Help maintain balance between visual appeal and functionality of client websites
- Brainstorm digital marketing solutions to answer client needs with creative and account team
- Five years of custom WordPress theme development experience
- Self-starter, brings new ideas and is collaborative in approach
- Create browser independent, responsive WordPress themes
- Portfolio of attractive, visually engaging interactive work
- Expertise in User Experience and Interactive Design
- Knowledge of various design platforms including Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe UX, Sketch, and more (Experience with InDesign a plus).
- Understanding of SEO and best practices
- Written and verbal communication capabilities
- Excellent organization skills for tracking several projects at the same time
- Ability to take InDesign files and images and turn our designs into responsive, custom websites
- Knowledge of popular form mailer, SEO, custom field, and other WordPress plugins and trends
- Familiar with WCAG 2.1 AA requirements for ADA Compliance for Internet Accessibility
- Experience with e-marketing and marketing automation platforms like iContact, HubSpot, SharpSpring, Survey monkey, etc.