Content Strategist and Copywriter
Job Description – Content Strategist and Copywriter
Full-Time Position, Raleigh Location
Do you have the right strategic thinking and writing skills to get prospects reading? Do you enjoy taking an abstract concept and crafting words to make an idea tangible and understandable? If you love writing informative content that people want to read AND love writing the kind of copy that motivates people to act, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Content and copywriter is key in interpreting the strategic marketing and communications plans we develop for our diverse clients. The Writer is responsible for creative content development, accurate editing, and proofreading, content deployment across multiple traditional and digital platforms, and social media content development. We’re looking for someone who can push past the apparent way of talking about something and find the best way to present it.
Content Strategy & Creation
- Develop strategies and a strategic content calendar to resonate with the target audience.
- Proven ability to research and create accurate, persuasive content that meets the longer-term strategic objectives. It’s content that readers want to read, with the goal that the content will rank on search engines.
- Write high-quality, non-salesy short- and long-form informative stories that help readers understand a perspective and further the client’s marketing goals.
- Create memorable, interesting advertising & marketing copy with a sense of urgency. The copy communicates the brand, product, or service benefits quickly and effectively, using appropriate framing to deliver a concept in an evocative, emotional way that is always on-brand.
- Creates powerful messages that increase brand awareness and persuade people to act now.
- Develop and write content targeted to specific personas
Editing & Proofreading
- Develop and maintain client proofing & style guides. Communicate changes to the team. Adhere to them when editing and proofreading content.
- Ensure content is correct and consistent in style, voice, usage, and branding across all platforms.
- Ensure all claims and disclaimers are current and the correct version to use.
- Ensure all customer-provided content and markups are executed.
- Use best SEO practices for strategic plans and content creation, e.g., add alt tags, meta descriptions, image descriptions, H2s, links, etc.
- Set up press releases and distribute them.
- Enter copy into an email design via email marketing management platforms like iContact or HubSpot.
- Enter copy with content management systems such as WordPress.
Social Media Content
- Collaborate with the agency and client teams to develop the social media content strategy.
- Develop and maintain the content calendar.
- Research trends, content, hashtags, and tools.
- Enter copy with a social media planner like Sprout or Hoot Suite.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as advertising, communications, creative writing, business, journalism, sociology, and psychology.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in marketing and communications, brand or advertising, and/or brand strategy. An agency background is preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to brainstorm and offer creative, memorable solutions.
- High attention to detail; able to create copy, proof, and edit consistently and accurately.
- Robust content creator experienced in translating information and business concepts into compelling messaging and narrative across various platforms.
- Can generate and execute ‘breakout’ ideas.
- Ability to quickly grasp information across various industries and markets to create clear, targeted communications with minimal guidance.
- Able to manage and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Looking for MORE?
We are a woman-owned strategic marketing and communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. Founded in 2008, our diverse team of subject matter experts is unified in our purpose: to help our clients transform and influence how their brand is perceived, internally and externally.
We are dedicated to creating customer success — not just customer happiness — through results-driven, award-winning creative solutions always grounded in strategy. We prioritize the right things and see the BIG picture with a unique and often unexpected perspective. That’s why we’re often considered an extension of our client’s team. Our relationships with each other and our clients are not transactional but are deeply rooted in trust, respect, and true collaboration.
Been there, done that, and ready to lead?
We operate with a start-up mentality. We don’t run merely on a great idea; our smart ideas require the constant support of a skilled team where individuals understand the correct function of each factor to successfully nurture and develop the whole.
Although we’re always learning, this is the place where your contributions are based on your expertise and experience. The kind of experience that enables you to be a thought leader who can think three steps ahead to guide our clients on their path to success.
If you have that ‘it’ factor — a unique combination of relationship chemistry, innovative thinking, strategic design, expert talent, and a desire for continuous growth based on outcomes — this could be the place for you.