Full-Stack Web Developer
Job Description – Full-Stack Web Developer
Full-Time Position, Raleigh Location
As a full-stack developer, you are integral to every part of the web development process that takes place and have a passion for collaborating with our team on strategy, creative problem-solving and best practices. Your expertise, experience, curiosity and creativity enable you to make insightful contributions to the ‘big picture’, and your attention to detail ensures sites function the way we intended. Your knowledge of the server-side, as well as the client side’s user experience, keeps our clients incredibly delighted while helping us maintain a healthy bottom line.
Your artistic side thrives at being part of the creative team; you look forward to collaborating and being engaged as an active contributor in all of our web development strategies and projects. You also demonstrate a high investigative aptitude. Together, these characteristics combine to make you particularly adept at designing and developing website and website applications, managing site functionality, implementing application features and integrating security measures.
And at Able, you’ll have the opportunity to do even MORE. If you derive deep satisfaction in making a huge impact for your co-workers and our clients, this could be your opportunity to be a game-changer each day.
Our developer works hand-in-hand with the Strategy and Creative Teams to develop a strategically engaging yet efficient design and technology solutions to help our clients achieve their objectives. Your extensive knowledge of current User Experience design trends helps us develop on-target, current and visually appealing layouts.
Front End Responsibilities
- Develop custom, and sometimes complex, WordPress-based solutions along with PHP framework-based solutions; ensure a balance between the visual appeal of the site and its functionality.
- Develop custom WordPress plugins for specific functionality.
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to develop the visual design of interactive solutions including (but not limited to) websites, banner advertising, e-marketing, landing pages, social media and web apps.
- Program/HTML Marketing emails to work with all email systems, eg, iContact, LASSO, etc.
- Program/HTML eSignatures and work with customers to install.
- Provide organic SEO and weekly/monthly reporting (MOZ, Google Webmaster, Google Analytics).
- MLS integrations (Diverse Solutions/IDX Broker).
- Install SSL Certificates, DNS set-up and changes.
Back End Responsibilities
- Perform server maintenance and monitoring.
- Work with server support staff on security issues and fixes.
- Monitor/update server, set-up new accounts/websites on server (cpanel).
- Support current client websites by providing technical support.
- Monitor/fix WordPress security issues.
- Updates to WordPress websites (text content and images).
Team Member Responsibilities
- Advise creative and account teams of new trends in UX design, specifically website, banner advertising and e-marketing.
- Advise creative and account teams on requirements gathering, web project planning and general technical questions.
- Brainstorm digital marketing solutions to answer client needs with creative and account teams.
- Provide leadership in developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s digital services.
- Improve internal web development process with innovative ideas and implementation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Five years of custom WordPress theme development experience.
- Portfolio of attractive, visually engaging interactive work that demonstrates creation of browser-independent, responsive WordPress themes.
- Expertise in User Experience and Interactive Design.
- Knowledge of various design platforms including Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe UX, Sketch, and more. (Experience with InDesign is a plus).
- Ability to take InDesign files and images and turn our designs into responsive, custom websites.
- Knowledge of popular form mailer, SEO, custom field, and other WordPress plugins and trends.
- Familiar with WCAG 2.1 AA requirements for ADA Compliance for Internet Accessibility.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of other custom website builders such as Wix, Weebly, Webnode, Squarespace, Jimdo and GoDaddy.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Self-starter, brings new ideas and is collaborative in approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Excellent organization skills for tracking several projects at the same time.
Looking for MORE?
We are a woman-owned strategic marketing and communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. Founded in 2008, our diverse team of subject matter experts is unified in our purpose: to help our clients transform and influence the way their brand is perceived, both internally and externally.
We are dedicated to creating customer success — not just customer happiness — through results-driven, award-winning creative solutions that are always grounded in strategy. We prioritize the right things and see the BIG picture with a unique and often unexpected perspective. That’s why we’re often considered an extension of our client’s team. Our relationships, with each other and our clients, are not transactional, but are deeply rooted in trust, respect and true collaboration.
Been there, done that, and ready to lead?
We operate with a start-up mentality. We don’t run merely on a great idea; our smart ideas require the constant support of a skilled team where individuals understand the correct function of each factor to successfully nurture and develop the whole.
Although we’re always learning, this is the place where your contributions are based on your expertise and experience. The kind of experience that enables you to be a thought leader who can think three steps ahead to guide our clients on their path to success.
If you have that ‘it’ factor — a unique combination of relationship chemistry, innovative thinking, strategic design, expert talent and a desire for continuous growth based on outcomes — this could be the place for you.