Job Description – Graphic Designer
Full-Time Position, Raleigh Location
Are you ready to show the world that you know how to incorporate images and text in an aesthetically memorable manner that’s also extremely effective? And do you take pride that your work on the back end is always technically accurate, always up-to-date and always organized so anyone can pick up where you’ve left off without do-overs? If you also love to collaborate with other subject matter experts to create something where all of the parts add up to a whole lot MORE, this could be the opportunity for you!
The Graphic Designer is a key contributor in the process of interpreting the strategic marketing and communications plans we develop for our diverse clients. The Graphic Designer should be able to work with focused independence; collaborate with team members to brainstorm, keep projects on track, ensure the quality of the work, put in their Starbucks order; and know when to ask questions so that our visual communications are accurate as well as beautifully conceived. You are also a technician who takes pride in producing error-free work because you know this is efficient for everyone and not having to do stuff over means you have more time to create. If you are someone who knows how to express a Smart Idea that’s on-brand but also is meticulous about the details, this is the place for you.
- Produce and execute visual communications based on the creative strategies developed by the Creative Director.
- Proven ability to produce aesthetically-pleasing and accurate, technically-clean design work from initial concept to final production. Our work includes traditional and digital projects, eg, web pages, social media, brochures, logos, icons, signs, booklets, flyers, ads, billboards, emails, newsletters, tradeshow graphics, environmental graphics and other communication materials. You may also assist with and contribute to preparatory work, eg, mood boards, proof-of-concepts, storyboards, shot lists, mockups etc.
- Create materials by hand or through technology to create or incorporate illustrations, pictures and design that reflect the desired look, feel and tone of the communications. The candidate should have in-depth experience and complete understanding of all graphic programs, such as, but not limited to, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Keynote and Microsoft 360 Office Suite.
- Experienced with and sensitive to creating designs that meets ADA-compliant standards.
- Produce drafts for internal and client review, following brand and style guides; make revisions based on feedback received.
- Work with production personnel, providing complete input, and any instruction and supervision required to smoothly complete production of approved design. Provide required specifications (inks, papers, sizes, etc.) for each job.
- Review final productions for quality; ensure the project is error-free and reflects the client’s specifications as well as ours.
- Work with the Creative Director in the selection of outside resources that are needed to fulfill production of a project, eg, papers, inks, vendors, models, freelancers, broadcast talent, etc.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure coordination between traditional and interactive advertising and marketing efforts.
- Work with art directors, copywriters and freelancers to build-out approved concepts.
- Meet with team members to ensure coordination for all projects, but especially between inter-related projects. Conscientiously work to meet assigned deadlines and proactively alert the Creative Director as far in advance as possible if deadlines are jeopardized and/or an extension is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized and keep track of assignments. Diligently follows the agency’s file structure and is a champion for ensuring quality control is maintained throughout our Work.
- Keep the Creative Director informed when there is a need to upgrade design-related computer hardware/software. Maintain the creative department’s equipment and supplies.
Graphic Designer Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or concentration in graphic design.
- Minimum of five years of graphic design experience, preferably with work experience in a high volume, deadline-driven graphics department, agency or other advertising-related organization.
- Portfolio should reflect a wide variety of graphic design work and production in traditional and digital projects, including print. You should be able to discuss how your work fulfilled the creative strategy.
- Consistently follows the agency’s processes, procedures and directions; maintains and implements clients’ brand guidelines and style requirements to produce precise, high-quality work.
Reports to the Creative Director.
Looking for MORE?
We are a woman-owned strategic marketing and communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. Founded in 2008, our diverse team of subject matter experts is unified in our purpose: to help our clients transform and influence the way their brand is perceived, both internally and externally.
We are dedicated to creating customer success — not just customer happiness — through results-driven, award-winning creative solutions that are always grounded in strategy. We prioritize the right things and see the BIG picture with a unique and often unexpected perspective. That’s why we’re often considered an extension of our client’s team. Our relationships, with each other and our clients, are not transactional, but are deeply rooted in trust, respect, and true collaboration.
Been there, done that, and ready to lead?
We operate with a start-up mentality. We don’t run merely on a great idea; our smart ideas require the constant support of a skilled team where individuals understand the correct function of each factor to successfully nurture and develop the whole.
Although we’re always learning, this is the place where your contributions are based on your expertise and experience. The kind of experience that enables you to be a thought leader who can think three steps ahead to guide our clients on their path to success.
If you have that ‘it’ factor — a unique combination of relationship chemistry, innovative thinking, strategic design, expert talent and a desire for continuous growth based on outcomes − this could be the place for you.