Job Description – Project Manager
Full-Time Position, Raleigh Location
The project manager is responsible for the life cycle of the agency’s projects. Acting as a hub for all of the projects that go through the agency, responsibilities include managing initial project plans and guiding the project through development, creative, and production, and ensuring all required documents are collected before archiving the project. The project manager is the liaison between the agency’s departments and external resources. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the project manager must be adept at anticipating and resolving problems and recognizing opportunities.
- Manage and continuously monitor the overall schedule for all agency projects, staff members, and vendors.
- Open all jobs in project management system and assign an accurate, step-by-step schedule of completion to each of those jobs, with consideration of resource availability.
- Assign tasks within project management system to each team member.
- Manage, coordinate and follow up on all aspects of a job to ensure projects move to the next step and stay on track per the deadline and budget.
- Prepare estimates for all projects within the project management system.
- Provide weekly reports on the status of project estimates/budgets; escalate issues appropriately; ensure the agency is not over-servicing its clients.
- Oversee completion and accuracy of spec sheets to provide to vendors for quoting and production.
- Collaborate with team members to select vendors and generate vendor comparison quotes.
- Responsible for overall vendor management and act as the main point of contact for all vendor inquiries.
- Generate POs when vendor estimates are approved.
- Manage vendor timelines and tasks in the context of the overall project requirements.
- Route vendor proofs for approvals.
- Proactively collaborate with all team members throughout the day to monitor the status of projects, adjust schedules/tasks as appropriate, and assist in resolving issues and questions.
- Communicate daily with project team members about the status of all jobs in progress.
- Notify account service when assets or information are needed from the client to complete projects.
- Communicate to account services, in a timely manner, if issues arise that affect the schedule and/or budget, to ensure exceptional client service and high satisfaction.
- Continuously update project management system with status of all projects.
- Ensure agency processes are followed in an efficient, effective manner.
- Archive projects when complete and ensure all notes are provided for billing purposes, i.e., stock photos purchased, vendor bills attached, etc.
Project Manager Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as business, marketing, engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in project management; agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Detailed and precision-oriented while achieving planning, prioritization, and time management excellence for self and team.
- Critical-thinker who is able to see the total picture, understands the impact of his/her role, and plans accordingly.
- Consistently executes repetitive tasks in an efficient, accurate manner, and is able to resolve exceptions to the rule with little supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communications, with superlative ability to clearly and precisely communicate the essence of what is needed, when it is needed, and how it is needed.
- Great at negotiations, especially when working with media buys and vendors/contractors.
- Excels in problem-solving and is resourceful; collaborates to find creative, pragmatic, satisfactory solutions to sometimes conflicting, complex or challenging requests.
- Organized and accurate. Follows processes and procedures, but is conscientious about continuously improving or creating more efficient and effective methods for the agency.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
- MAC user preferred but not required
Looking for MORE?
We are a woman-owned strategic marketing and communications agency based in Raleigh, NC. Founded in 2008, our diverse team of subject matter experts is unified in our purpose: to help our clients transform and influence the way their brand is perceived, both internally and externally.
We are dedicated to creating customer success — not just customer happiness — through results-driven, award-winning creative solutions that are always grounded in strategy. We prioritize the right things and see the BIG picture with a unique and often unexpected perspective. That’s why we’re often considered an extension of our client’s team. Our relationships, with each other and our clients, are not transactional, but are deeply rooted in trust, respect and true collaboration.
Been there, done that, and ready to lead?
We operate with a start-up mentality. We don’t run merely on a great idea; our smart ideas require the constant support of a skilled team where individuals understand the correct function of each factor to successfully nurture and develop the whole.
Although we’re always learning, this is the place where your contributions are based on your expertise and experience. The kind of experience that enables you to be a thought leader who can think three steps ahead to guide our clients on their path to success.
If you have that ‘it’ factor — a unique combination of relationship chemistry, innovative thinking, strategic design, expert talent and a desire for continuous growth based on outcomes — this could be the place for you.